What is Machine Learning?

When a computer learns from data it is called machine learning (ML).

How do you teach a computer?
You use ML algorithms.

What is a machine learning algorithm?
An ML algorithm is a function that takes in data and outputs a prediction.

What kind of prediction?
Predictions like, "This is a picture of a bicycle", or "Tomorrow it is going to rain", or "This customer will probably leave our company soon".

Ok, so how does an algorithm do this?
ML algorithms are designed to find attributes of datasets that describe groupings or trends within the data. This can be something simple as: "if a pixel in this location is blue you're looking at a smurf", or something complicated like: "a combination of this pixel intensity with this shape in this orientation here and this other shape there and so on, means this is a picture of Robert on a bicycle".
Or another example: "if it rained yesterday and the air pressure is so and so and the wind direction is so and so and so on, it will rain today as well."

In other posts in the section "Short Explanations" I explain how specific ML algorithms work in more detail.


Comments

  1. In fact nevertheless sensible we're is all pre-programmed in a simulation, so we would not be programmed to be sensible sufficient to detect a not quite perfect simulation. Which brings me again full circle. Because the solely actuality we all know is that this one, how can we examine what's and isn't "excellent"? This is great blog. If you want to know more about this visit here Machine Learning Model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you.
    machine learning Training in Chennai | machine learning Training institute in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this particular trouble. As a result of checking through the net and meeting techniques that were not productive, Same as your blog I found another one Oracle Fusion Financials.Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for Oracle Fusion Financials and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks once more for all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaggle Tensorflow Speech Recognition Challenge

Post-Script to the Purpose of this Blog